My Flickr Gallery

My Flickr Gallery
create with flickr badge.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

NMMS teachers and students wave goodbye after a wonderful year together!

The last day of school is always a bittersweet day. Bonds you formed all year come to end but summer brings new beginnings and fun times!

It took longer than normal to get our 1000 kids on the buses in the midst of smiling, hugging, crying, and good-byeing. Once they were there we did THE WAVE, our annual tradition, as the buses drove away. Happy feelings on both sides of the street. :)




I used video from my iPhone to create this iMovie trailer. Took 15 minutes to make. 
Exported it to Dropbox and then uploaded it to Youtube. 

3 comments:

  1. Laura: I LOVE the video you've created. This is a tradition at my school, too. This year, I stood there, knowing it was my last year there, it was especially bittersweet. Then one of my cute 3rd graders yells "GOODBYE MRS. VENOSDALE" SO loud out the window, it just made me smile. Great video you've captured here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That had to be a tough day for you and leave it to a child to make things better! I can't wait to learn with you and from you as you embrace your new role. #exciting #VENAWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura and Krissy, aren't we lucky to be able to build those great relationships each year? Such a privilege to work as an educator! Yes, it's tough to say good-bye each summer, but like you said, Laura, it's really bittersweet because we know we've made a difference in our students' lives, but it's time for them to move on. Teaching is the BEST job in the world! Thanks, for sharing, Laura! **WAVING**

    ReplyDelete