My Flickr Gallery

My Flickr Gallery
create with flickr badge.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

#EdcampOmaha: Can't Wait!

Stoked to attend my first edcamp this coming weekend in Omaha and then my 2nd one here in my hometown, #EdCampKC, on Nov. 10. #EdcampOmaha is March 24 and I'll be making the 3 hour drive up and back to attend because I WANT TO. I know I won't be sittin' and gittin' and screaming on the inside. I'll be actively participating and asking about anything that will help me become a better teacher/coach/expert. Who knows what I need better than ME?! I can leave a room/topic if it isn't something I need and go to another room of my choice. Thanks to my cousin Anne for letting me stay with her that weekend.

The big movement in education is for teachers to put the learning and inquiry in the hands of the students, rather than their own; to give students ownership in their own learning through real-world problems and projects they must solve and create. The teacher is the coach/expert on the sidelines, focused on setting up opportunities for kids and helping kids find their strengths. Speaking of Rigor and Relevance, that would mean Quadrant D. EDCAMPS do just that for teachers! They put the learning and inquiry in the hands of the teachers. Teachers ARE professionals with Edcamp-style PD.

This video shows the power and promise that EdCamps and the EdCamp philosophy hold for our teachers and kids.

Ed Camp from True Life Media on Vimeo.


Ed Camp from True Life Media on Vimeo.


Check out the EdCamp Foundation homepage for the latest news and the EdCamp Wiki page with links to all upcoming and previous EdCamps!

Finally, here is the EdCampKC wiki and the EdCampKC registration page  EdCampKC is Nov. 10 at Lee's Summit North High School. I will be there with bells on!



No comments:

Post a Comment